Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goals for 2014 and a Testimony of Transformation



Seven years ago on this day, January 2nd, and right around this time, my grandma Betty passed away. You may be thinking this is the start of a sad story, but it's not. You see about three or four years before she died, I witnessed my grandma give her life to the Lord. But I saw more than just a confession of belief from her, I got to see her life change! She had a new joy in life, a new love for the people around her, and a new hope that wiped out many of her fears. I remember her telling me after she gave her life to the Lord, "I used to be afraid of dying. But I'm not afraid anymore because I know where I'm going." The transformation that I witnessed my grandma go through because of her belief in the Lord was amazing. She was the definition of becoming a NEW CREATION in Christ. I remember many things about her, but what has stuck with me the most is how she loved God and openly allowed him to change her life. And THAT was the most inspiring thing about her. 

 Eventually grandma died of cancer, and when she finally went, I was glad that she was finally able to go home and not suffer here any longer. She is in Heaven now, passionately worshiping the King. And cancer is not holding her back there. Sure, I still miss my grandma, I wish she could have been around for more of my life. But I know without a doubt that I'll see her again someday. And I am so glad to know with assurance that I will spend eternity with our Savior with her. Grandma gave me a lot of presents during her life time, but the assurance of getting to see her again is the best one she EVER gave me. Do you have assurance of salvation in your life? Have you given your family and friends the gift of assurance that when you leave this earth you will see them again one day? What are you waiting for?

This year in 2014, I want to be as open to letting God transform my life for the good as my grandma was. In 2014, I want to experience what it means to be a new creation in Christ.

Romans 12:1-2 “Therefore, I urge you brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God. This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve the will of God, his good, pleasing, and perfect will.”

2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away and the new has come.”

No comments:

Post a Comment