Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Speed of God's Timing

Where do you get off thinking,
God’s timing can only be slow?
If my God does not delay,
Is a quick answer less thorough?

Why do we only speak of patience,
When we discuss the timing of God?
Did it ever cross your minds to brace yourselves,
Because his timing might be faster than you thought?

How dare you make your judgments,
Based on absolute speed alone!
Asking not about my prayer life,
Or these convictions of my own!

Forgive me, but I don’t feel naïve to say,
Speed does not determine validity.
We serve a God outside our concept of time,
Outside of slowness or rapidity.

I’m not accusing you of no faith in God,
As much as it seems to be a lack of trust in me.
If you would just think outside the box,
You might discover more than you currently see.

I dare you to think bigger than your fear,
I dare you to give me a little more credit.
I dare you not to worry about speed,
Trust that I am walking as led by the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment